1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love working with wool and don't mind acrylic when making things for children or the elderly in nursing homes.I don't like knitting w/ metallic or stiff yarn
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Longenberger baskets with and without lids3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
55 years literally, learned a little one summer when I was 10 and my teenage cousin was making argyle socks for her boyfriend. Knitted off and on through my teens and started knitting very regularly while I was in nursing school, 1962 my friend and I knitted sweaters for ourselves.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?yes Amazon
5. What's your favorite scent?Je Reviens
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?oh yes, any kind of chocolate but NO coconut
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?none8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I love rock and roll and opera.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?Red or orange not overly fond of yellow
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A black lab named Sam
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?mittens and scarves
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?sweaters and now I am addicted to felted totes.
13. What are you knitting right now?A purple green variegated shawl-see picture.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?of course
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Circular
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?both, but have devil of a time figuring out how to make them work17. How old is your oldest UFO?going on two years.
18. What is your favorite holiday?Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?playing cards and bookmarks as souvenirs--they don't take up a lot of room but are lovely memories.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?VOGUE, INTERWEAVE and CAST ON
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I would love to learn how to knit in the continental as well as the English form I use now.
22. Are you a sock knitter? no
What are your foot measurements?can't wear socks right now I have to wear ugly support socks.
23. When is your birthday?November 1.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? no--what is it?