secret pal 14 questionnaire
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Questionnaire for SP14
Here is the questionnaire for SP14. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than July 10th, but sooner would be better as it can be helpful to us in selecting your pals.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
wool, cotton, none I really don't like
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
well I treated myself to the new ADDI interchangeable in the Bella needle storing bag and the rest in covered baskets
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I started when I was 8 but started really knitting in my early 20s, made an afghan out of variegated and navy blue wool squares while in high school. I consider myself intermediate to advanced. My Mom taught me; as a little girl I first tried to knit at the shore while my cousin Eileen (who is 80 y.o. today) knitted argyle socks for her boyfriend, now her husband. Knitting these socks was all the rage for young high school and college girls in the 50s. She said he wore them--I asked not so long ago.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list, almost all of it is mystery books
5. What's your favorite scent?
well , I don't know the base scent, but I wear CURVE by Liz Claiborne so I guess it is non-flowery as any flowery candles, or flowers themselves, or potpourri make me sneeze and cough. I like the smell of vanilla and cinnamon etc.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
anything chocolate , but never coconut
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? none others really
play my DS.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like rock and roll and some of the new stuff, but I rarely listen to music
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love fall colors, esp oranges, also red, green, favorite shades of green either light lime or hunter, far a part shades I know, & also purple.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
live alone, have a Labrador retriever
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?13. What are you knitting right now? I like to make sweaters and afghans and now love to knit bags, esp. felted ones.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes indeed
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? circular exclusively, easier on my joints, and not real fond of plastic 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
ok I can brag here, my oldest UFO is six months!!!, before that I had a sweater that was started two years before I finished it in Feb 2009
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas and Thanksgiving are my favorites
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
INTERWEAVE, VOGUE KNITTING, can't think of anything right now. I love unusual tape measures
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
yes, but I can't remember it's name. I plan to take a class on it, it is where you make different small squares, but make all in one piece by picking up from a former square with only a few number of stitches on your at any one time. Reminds me of bargello. There is a really pretty purse of this style in a recent INTERWEAVE, I think
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
no, but I love to wear them, I don't know what to measure as I don't like to knit socks, but I take a 7 1/2 shoe now that I am old.
23. When is your birthday? November 1.
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?yes, gertrudesgirl