Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Autmun Coffe Swap Questions
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn?
Knit, since I was 8 y.o., but seriously since the 60's, I am 65, you do the math2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular)
The lovely wood options from Knitpicks, a delight to use and beautiful
2.Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
not really, just always need extra cords for options interchangeable and extra 5, 7. 9s as they are the most popular size and always have a couple things going
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others?
Sweater, I have really gotten into totes and purses, shawls, afghans
4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
A shawl and a sweater for myself, which yarn was a gift for Christmas three years ago. If only these young women in my family would have all these babies ;)
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you?
The easy shawl I am making
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try?not really
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand?
I love reds, oranges and greens, and I like to sometimes use the new self stripe
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not?caffeinated
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press?
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type?dark robust
4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? creamers and sweet and lo, DON'T LIKE FLAVORED COFFEES, except sometime chocolate
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine?
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?I hardly ever go, but like Starbucks
7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?a lovely large glass cup and saucer
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?sweet
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?reading
2. Do you collect anything?bookmarks
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn?
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?I wear perfumes like Je Raviens and Curve, but if I have any scents in the house except vanilla or cooking type smells my sneezing starts
5. Are you allergic to anything?almost everything outdoors that is pretty
6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?gertrude's girl7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day?
On a porch overlooking the ocean—love the shore in the fall.