Coffee1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground?
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy?
leaded dark roast
A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non?
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up?
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both?
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers?
neither flavored coffee or creamers
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup?
I like mugs or cup, but I prefer a glass one.
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it!
It is the first cup of the day, hot, large, creamer enough for a lovely brown color, sweet & lo and time to sit and enjoy it
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company?
I should get healthy but I'd get someting chocolate, that brownie sounds great
Do you knit or crochet?
Knit, rarely crochet
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with?
alpaca, wool. silk
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now?
How much time do you have? A bag for shopping, one of those ones that has holes and stretches, to be green, so I am making it green, a sweater for me, a purse from my purse of the month club
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash?
red, orange, greens, plums, -- I am not overly fond of yellow. I don't like neon. I prefer not to get hairy yarns like you use for fake fur, although I make it for my grandkids, but that is out of love, for them, not the yarn.
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest?
I use round needles for everything. I love my new ones from kint picks
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan?
I do have enough tape measures for a lifetime, but I do like the new stitch markers that are made for the larger size needles, not the ones for smaler ones. I would like one of those dohickeys you wrap the yarn around, they're wood, I can't think of the name
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with?
probably the bamboo
We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are?
some days, but that isn't a hardship for me as I love cold weather. I am not especially fond of spring, I have allergies to lots of spring stuff and it means that soon I will be sweating.
2. What's your favorite spring flower?
affodils and hyacinths
Do you have one?
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime?
vacation will be coming
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day?
Sit inside and look out and knit -- I am not an outdoor person except for front porches and the beach. My house doesn't have a front porch and I do miss that from my childhood in the city of Philadelphia
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up?Odds n Ends
Actually, a nice rainy day is nice if one is off work, and if it isn't the beginning of 3 or 4 days of rain
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles?
2. Are you allergic to anything?
many flowers, darn it as I do like them, and to cats, very allergic to cats
3. Do you have pets?
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in?
the cocoa one, and a swapbot square exchange
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them.
Oh dear my kids, the one about the soldier, my daughters's and several of the knitting blogs.