Sunday, October 28, 2007

Winter Wonderland coffee yarn swap

What are your favorite kinds of coffee?

dark roast and strong (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!) I use flavia everyday,as it is always fresh for one person. The ground I save for occasions.

Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee?
ground coffee

time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? only chocolate
Do you enjoy special blends?
ok
How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf?
cream and sweet and lo

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer?

a glass mug or glass cup and saucer. Somehow coffee just tastes better in glass (my one son-in-law even sort of agrees

Winter and Holidays - PLEASE be descriptive! Your pal will need this information to be sure to put together a package you will enjoy!

What is your favorite part of Winter
the weather, the three big holidays, and having weather cold enough to wear WOOL. Love wool

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday?
Christmas

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree?
yes, it wouldn't be right w/o one

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package?

either or both

Do you collect anything? Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snowflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect?
I don't collect anymore as I have run out of room, so all I collect now are bookmarks and playing cards --holiday and travel. Don't take up room, easy to store and great for displaying and bringing back memories.

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats?
scarves

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat?
Christmas and treat pumpkin pie

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory.
A craft one: when I my kids were little I kept forgetting to trace their hands like my Mom did when I was little (then put on the tree). So I got green felt, traced all three hands on it and embroidered it. I am really glad. I had to do it then since the girls were heading into teens, and I didn't want all adult hands.

Yarn and Crafting Do you Knit or Crochet?
knit since I was in grade school. seriously for 4 years.

For how long?Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Circular or straight?
circular, addi and the new kits from Knitpicks

What sort of projects do you enjoy making?
really like felted bags, sweaters and for my kids, and trying shawls. made one for myself I love out of cotton, and trying to finish another in lime and green, but no time right now. The cotton was my first real lace type product and using a worsted weight cotton made it easier to see the patterns come up and get used to the technique. Still find it much more challenging (lace patterns, ) than some other things. .

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with?
wool, alpaca, I 'd love to be able to afford cashmere(sp?)

Do you spin or dye?
no

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else?
have needlepointed in past, but not as much late years. when I am not knitting I read or do crosswords

General
When is your birthday?
Nov. first

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!)
three, all married, six of the most beautiful grandchildren in the world, nay the universe and Samson my VERRRRY laid back black lab.

What are your favorite colors?
Red, Orange and lime and hunter type greens

Do you have any allergies?

seasonal, candles not good for me as everything but scentless or vanilla make me sneeze.

No comments: